EMS sponsored events
EMS has designed several ways in which the society supports the organisation of microscopy related events within Europe. Next to the well-defined involvement in the organisation of the quadrennial European Microscopy Congresses (EMC series, successor of EUREM) and the explicit support of the EMS extensions EMS also supports local microscopy related meetings, schools, courses etc.. At present this support includes financial sponsoring to cover part of the costs of two invited lecturers, assistance in electronic distribution of information about the meeting to the extended EMS membership, etc...
Eligibility criteria, the procedure for requesting EMS support etc. are given on a separate page.
11 and 12 October 2016
Saarbrücken – Germany
CISCEM 2016 aims to bring together an interdisciplinary group of scientists from the fields of biology, materials science, geology, chemistry, and physics, to discuss future directions of in-situ electron microscopy research.
27 June to 02 July 2016
Groenenborger Campus / University of Antwerp – Antwerp – BelgiumEMS sponsored lecture in Antwerp
- Prof. Dr. Mois Ilya Aroyo (University of the Basque country)
- "Fundamental Crystallography"
19 to 22 June 2016
Military Museum Convention and Exhibition Center – Istanbul – Turkey
Postponed to May 2017
13 to 15 January 2016
Delft University of Technology – Delft – Netherlands
EMS sponsored lecture in Delft
- W.E. Moerner (Department of Chemistry, Stanford University)
- Jay T. Groves (College of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley)
09 to 11 September 2015
Porto – Portugal
EMS sponsored lecture in Porto
- Colin Humphreys (Department of Materials Science & Metallurgy, University of Cambridge, UK)
- Juergen Plitzko (Department Molecular Structural Biology, Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, München)