You can find hereunder a list of all events that may be interesting to EMS members.
Suggestions for microscopy related events to be listed in this calendar can be sent to the EMS secretary.
Webinars are listed on a separate page
>> Past Events
25th IUCr congress satellite Electron Crystallography School 3D Electron Diffraction/MicroED Uniting Small Molecule and Macromolecular Crystallography
11 to 13 August 2021
Prague – Czech Republic
School on 3D electron diffraction/MicroED techniques and how to apply them for structure determination of nano/microcrystals too small for X-ray diffraction. The topics will cover inorganic compounds, pharmaceutics and proteins. It includes both lectures and practical sessions.
- The development of various 3D electron diffraction/MicroED techniques – a historical perspective
- Introduction to transmission electron microscopy and electron diffraction
- 3D electron diffraction/MicroED (SAED, PED, EDT) and space group determination
- Sample preparation for both materials and life sciences
- 3D ED/MicroED Data collection
- Radiation damage
- 3D ED Data Processing and data merging including practical demo labs
- Methods for phasing diffraction data – small molecules and macromolecules
- Practical demo labs for structure solution and refinement with 3D ED/MicroED data – two groups for small molecules and macromolecules, respectively
- Dynamical refinement
- New developments in 3D electron crystallography
Participants: PhD students and postdoctoral researchers, both researchers from life and material science are welcome
Location: virtual, last day at Prague
Poster and bursary submission deadline: 20/7/2021
22 to 26 August 2021
22 to 26 August 2021
23 to 27 August 2021
Fuglsang Manor on Lolland – Denmark
“You will be given the opportunity to get teaching and hands-on experience with the complete workflow of high-resolution tomography analysis.
During the PhD summer school, you will be introduced to data acquisition, 3D reconstruction, segmentation and meshing and, finally, 3D modelling of data to extract physical parameters that describe mechanical and flow properties. The teaching and the exercises will take place in close interaction with top experts in the research fields. The exercises will require some basic programming skills and will be carried out in a common Python environment, introduced through an e-learning program which the students are required to follow before the PhD summer school (Introduction to Advanced Tomography on Coursera).
Participants: PhD students
Location: Fuglsang Manor on Lolland, Denmark
Registration deadline: 15 July 2021
Read more about the summer school.”
24 to 27 August 2021
LOKHALLE Goettingen – Goettingen – Germany
30 August to 02 September 2021
Munster – Germany
Joint Meeting JEELS 2020 and Arbeitskreistreffen EF&EELS
From 30 August to 2 September 2021 a joint meeting JEELS 2020 and
Arbeitskreistreffen EF&EELS will take place in Münster (Germany).
Due to the pandemic situation we are preparing a hybrid meeting.
- Electron spectroscopies (EELS, EDX, CL, …)
- Advanced Instrumentation, signal and image processing
- Low-energy excitations
- Theory applied to electron spectroscopies
- New spectroscopies (time resolved, vortex beams, …)
Further details and the registration form can be found on the website
31 August to 02 September 2021
Lausanne – Switzerland
12 to 16 September 2021
Graz – Austria
13 to 16 September 2021
This course, which will run over 4 half-days, will cover the basics of analysis for a number of different applications including antibody phenotyping, DNA and cell cycle kinetics, cell proliferation and death, and functional studies. There will also be the opportunity to explore high-dimensional analysis using dimensionality reduction and clustering techniques.
“1st International Microscopy and Spectroscopy Congress-MSC21’’ and “25th National Electron Microscopy Congress-EMK 21’’
22 to 24 September 2021