Concept, constitution & fees
In order to improve the communication and interaction between EMS and its corporate members, a separate entity entitled the European Corporate Member Assembly (ECMA) has been formed. All corporate members of EMS automatically belong to this body which elects a representative to be a voting member of the EMS executive board.
The ECMA members receive the following benefits from their membership
- input into the EMS procedures, decisions, activities through their ECMA representatives in the Executive Board, General Assembly and General Council
- access to all available services provided by the EMS secretariat
- considered preferred partners at all events (co-)organised by EMS *
- receive a single webpage on the EMS website to announce their European strategies, events and new products
- can become special partner of EMS if they provide extra services to EMS
- can distribute microscopy related job-opportunities at no charge through the EMS bulk-mailing system
Companies or local company branches that are member of local or national societies that follow the en-bloc membership system of EMS are not automatically member of ECMA. ECMA membership should be considered as a complementary tool to support European microscopy and increase the visibility of your company on the European microscopy market. Direct benefits of ECMA membership will be found in areas that are related with inter- and supranational items such as EMC meetings and EMS extensions, job offers, membership database, yearbook, etc. . Commercial membership of local societies has its own specific merits and should remain a top-priority on the PR list of any microscopy related company.
The Statutes of the European Corporate Microscopy Assembly have been ratified on August 24, 2004 by the General Assembly of the European Corporate Microscopy Assembly. The present version of the constitution is available as pdf download.
If you are interested in becoming a member of EMS through ECMA and thus support European microscopy and enjoy the benefits related to this membership, please contact Stefan Kuypers, secretary of ECMA, or Virginie Serin, secretary of EMS, for more detail on how to proceed or complete and fax the ECMA subscription form.
Annual ECMA membership fees are given below.
The updated list of present ECMA members is also given on a separate page.
ECMA membership fees are possible in the following four categories:
|Platinum||minimum 1.000 €|
allowing each company to define its own level of contribution and support to the European Microscopy Society.
All ECMA members, regardless the chosen category, receive the same benefits, while the ECMA membership lists published at the EMS website and in the EMS Yearbook will mention the different categories.